Bar & Restaurant Manager Resume Example - Update Yours for 2018
How to Write a Restaurant Manager Resume, Bartender Resume or Bar Manager Resume
If you are an experienced bar manager looking for a new job or a bartender who aims to become one, here are some facts about the position.
Whatever the place (from pubs to high-end luxury bars) the core duties related to the bar manager or restaurant manager position are standard.
You will need to direct, plan and manage all the operations from managing the staff and adjusting their schedule to making sure the quality standards are met, customers are happy and maintain the efficiency at maximum for maximum profits and minimum waste.
Good Examples of Achievements for a Bar Manager Resume
- Increased bar revenue with 20% through advertising featured cocktails with limited resources by using word-of-mouth strategies.
- Decreased total costs by analyzing team member's strengths, hiring skilled bartenders and changing the schedule accordingly to their needs.
- Upgraded the payment process by implementing a “pay in advance” system thereby ensuring no payments remained pending.
- Proved to be a good team-player with the management team by providing innovative solutions, introduced new concepts, actively negotiated and resolved differences and employed a constructive criticism approach.
Bad Examples of Achievements for a Bar Manager Resume
- I increased the bar revenue because of my financial knowledge.
- Because I am good at reading people, I managed to hire only the most talented people.
- The payment system was out of date, therefore I upgraded it to a new one that worked better.
- My team-working skills made it possible for the bar to be successful as I was delegating tasks in a smart way and bartenders liked my working style.
Good Examples of Achievements for a Bartender Resume
- Promoted a new drink named Diamondback which brought in a profit of $1300 in one night.
- Reorganized the bar stations which resulted in a 30% increase in overall efficiency.
- Introduced a unique mix of new cocktails on the menu which gained immense popularity and increased the sales by 35% in the first 3 months.
- Improved customer base by engaging in friendly chat with customers which ensured a base of recurring persons
- Served 145 customers in a busy hour with absolute accuracy and attention to details for which a bonus was offered.
Bad Examples of Achievements for a Bartender Resume
- My new cocktail which I named Diamondback was the #1 most sold cocktail
- Due to my attention to details, I rearranged the bottles and bar equipment which allowed me to work faster.
- Proposed my favorite and some classic cocktails to be added on the menu so that the bar sold more drinks.
- I was good at talking with customers and convince them to come again regularly.
- One busy night when one colleague could not come to work I was alone in the bar but managed to do all the work perfectly.
The following Bar Manager resume example can be used as inspiration when creating your professional resume. You can use the exact same template named modern resume template on our resume templates page and tailor it according to your personality and bar you are applying for!